This is the privacy and cookie usage policy for the Tiger Bay Ramblers web site. Our home page on the Web is located at http://www.tigerbayramblers.org.uk/. This policy also applies to any other web sites under the tigerbayramblers.org.uk domain. Tiger Bay Ramblers is run by Ramblers volunteers.
We respect your privacy and will not sell or pass on your personal data to any third party.
Any personal information you provide will be treated in accordance with this policy and current UK Data Protection legislation.
The Ramblers is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner for the United Kingdom.
By providing personal data you consent to its processing as described in this policy.
If we intend to use your personal information for any additional purposes not described in this policy we will always ask you for confirmation when you provide us with any details.
Uses of Personal Data
Tiger Bay Ramblers makes use of the following personal data on this web site:
- The data submitted on the Contact Us page (if you choose to contact us in this manner). The information is sent to the committee via email.
- The data submitted by members on the Submit A Social Event and Submit A Holiday pages (and subsequently modified using the Edit My Social Events and Edit My Holidays pages). This information is stored on the server and made available to other members both on the web site and via email. A subset of the holiday information (not including any personally identifiable information) is also made available to non-members.
- The information you provide to a number of publicly available sources (such as Twitter, and the Ramblers Walks web site if you decide to lead a walk) may be stored on this server for a short time to improve performance when displaying it on the web site.
- If you are a member of TBR and have provided us with your email address (including indirectly by providing it to the Ramblers), it is stored with your user name and password on the server. It is used to populate forms when you are logged in. It is also used to allow the committee to contact you.
- If you submit a photograph to the web master for inclusion on the web site, it will be shown to the general public.
We will not pass your personal information on to any other organisation.
People Aged Under 18
If you are aged under 18, please ensure you obtain your parent/guardian's consent before providing any personal information.
Access To Your Own Information
In case of dispute then you may also contact The Ramblers Central Office via http://www.ramblers.org.uk.
A cookie is a token with an associated value that is stored on your computer when you visit our website. Your web browser will send the cookie and its associated value back to the site every time you access it. You can configure your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to allow it. You can also disable cookies from the web site completely in your browser. To manage cookies yourself and to find more information about them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies are used to improve the services our web site provides, for example:
- to recognise your device so you don't have to provide the same information several times during one task;
- to recognise and remember that you have provided a username and password so you don't need to re-enter your details on every page you request;
- to remember your preferences for the types of information you wish to see and the way it is presented.
Cookies are also used by some of the second party sites embedded in the web site. These embedded sites are disabled until you have indicated you are happy for their cookies to be used.
Please note that some features or services on our website may not function properly without using cookies.
The law requires that we make you aware of the cookies used on this site:
- The web site uses the standard Joomla session cookies for recording the fact that you have logged in and the user that you have logged in as. This uses two cookies: one is named as a series of hexadecimal digits; the other is named joomla_user_state. These cookies are always used and cannot be disabled.
- It also uses the cookiecookie cookie to keep track of which button in the cookie warning panel you selected. This cookie is used if you click on one of the buttons in the cookie warning panel.
- The web site also embeds several second party web sites. These sites are not enabled until you have selected one of the Allow all cookies options in the cookie warning panel. The cookie policies of these site are linked below:
The cookie warning panel is shown on all pages if the cookiecookie cookie has not been set. Once you click on one of the buttons on the right hand side, the cookie will be set to false (if you only wish the required cookies to be used) or true (if you wish to allow all cookies to be used). If you make the wrong choice, you can use your web browser's cookie management functionality to delete the cookiecookie cookie, in which case the cookie warning panel will reappear.